We Offer Attic Remediation & Sanitization Services Throughout Atlanta
When animals get into your crawlspace or attic, they really do a lot of damage structurally and leave the place messy, smelly, unsafe, and hazardous to the health of you and your family — or in the case of an office infestation, your customers and employees.
We Install, Remove, & Replace Insulation
Naturally, you want to make sure the animals are humanely removed and prevented from re-entering, but you also need someone to come in and clean up, sanitize, repair, and restore the area. Whether we need to replace your entire insulation due to damage and contamination or just address certain sections, we can help you restore your attic.
We specialize in attic and crawlspace remediation and sanitization, and with our 20+ years of construction experience, you can be confident we’ll do the job right. Whether you’ve had squirrels, rats, mice, raccoons, or opossums in your space, we’ll take care of everything for you.
Here’s a little bit about the type of damage each animal can do in an attic or crawlspace:
- Squirrels — Squirrels are big chewers and love playing in insulation, scratching at walls, and leaving acorns and other goodies all throughout the attic.
- Rats/Mice — Rats and mice scratch at insulation and walls and can leave droppings just about everywhere. They also urinate wherever they are and their urine and droppings can cause respiratory diseases when particles are inhaled. If ductwork in the attic is damaged by the rodents, the HVAC system could be pulling those particles in and distributing them in the air throughout your home or office. Mice and rats are also notorious for chewing on electrical wires, which can easily lead to a residential or commercial building fire.
- Bats — Bats can scratch away at the inside of your attic and defecate throughout the space. Like rat and mice droppings, bat droppings can cause serious lung infections in those who breathe in the spores and particles. Unlike mice and rat droppings, bat droppings usually pile up in just a few places, and the weight can quickly become a burden on ceilings and drywall. This could lead to sagging, collapsing, and other damage to the space. Likewise, bat guano and urine is corrosive and can lead to wood rot and other damage.
- Raccoons/Opossums — Raccoons and opossums have larger droppings than rodents, but like rodent droppings, raccoon/opossum droppings can carry parasites and disease. In addition to the waste they leave, these critters tear up insulation, chew on wiring, damage ductwork, and often fall down into walls, scratching and clawing to get out. Raccoons and opossums also frequently damage soffits, vents, eaves, flashing, and other building materials in an attempt to break in to the cozy crawlspace or attic.
The waste of all of these animals can actually attract even more creepies and crawlies, so that’s one more reason to have the waste removed and properly neutralized and deodorized ASAP.
How We Help
Here at Smart Solutions, we specialize in full attic remediation and sanitization and have the expertise, tools, techniques, and equipment needed to get the job done right.
- First we clean! Whether you have an attic full of guano or rodent droppings, we’ll clean the place top to bottom. Our HEPA vacuums and powerful cleaners sanitize the space, eradicate odors, kill viruses, and restore safety and cleanliness. We use BAC-A-ZAP odor eliminator and DSV so your space will be fresh and clean.
- Next, we restore! We have more than 20 years of construction experience and can replace insulation, rotted wood, and destroyed or damaged drywall, and electrical wiring. We also offer custom on-site metal fabrication and properly screen vents with Ridge-Guard, seal gaps in eaves, etc.
- Finally, we seal! Now that you’ve invested time and money into having your attic restored, you want to make sure it stays animal-free. We fully inspect every area of the home or business to make sure every last entry point is properly and professionally sealed against future animal intruders. Animals like bats only need about a 3/8” gap to enter the home or business, but you can expect us to seal every last opening so you don’t have a problem in the future. Some methods of “sealing” up attics and crawlspaces can actually cause harm to the structure itself, but we know construction and we know code, so you can trust that our fully licensed and insured experts will restore your home or office the right way.
We’ll also document the entire process (and all of the damage done by the animals) so you have it for insurance purposes or for your records.
Have animals turned your attic or crawlspace into a wasteland? Call Smart Solutions at 678-789-4016 or request a free inspection right here on our website. We’ll provide you with an estimate for repairs, remediation, and sanitization, so you can enjoy a cleaner, safer, healthier home and business.